The Stevie Packer Football Festival
Dear Manager / Secretary, I am writing to inform you that Mossley Hill Athletic Club intends to hold its 22nd annual football festival of football on Sunday 28th and Monday 29th August 2022 In 2013 the annual tournament was renamed The Stevie Packer Memorial Festival of Football in remembrance of the life and talents of a special young footballer, so tragically taken from us. I am pleased to extend an invitation to your club's Under 6, 7, 8, 9 and l0's mixed teams.
Over the past 20 years the festival has developed into one of Merseyside's premier mini-soccer competitions, with support from the Liverpool County Football Association.
These are just a few of the reasons why:
• The competition will be held on Mossley Hill Athletic Club's football pitch - providing excellent quality playing areas.
• All pitches will be marked out prior to the competitions to FA specifications.
• There will be perimeter roping around the playing area in order to control spectator encroachment.
• Qualified referees will be provided for all matches over the weekend.
• Teams who finish 1st and 2nd in each group stage will progress to the ‘cup’ quarter-finals, while the 3rd and 4th placed teams will contest the ‘shields’ quarter-finals (i.e. all teams will go through to one competition or the other, giving teams of all abilities a chance of a trophy).
• Changing facilities and toilets within the club are available, as will be food, refreshments, and parking.
• As this is a grassroots football festival unfortunately if you have any players in the under 9 & 10s category who are signed to any professional football academies then they are not allowed to participate in festival.
The festival will be held at Mossley Hill Athletic Club, Mossley Hill Road, L18 8BX. Entry is strictly limited so please return the application form as soon as possible.
The cost of entry is £30 per team for Under 6s and £50 per team for Under 7, 8, 9, 10’s. In the event of a ‘no-show’ this fee will be forfeited. On receipt of your entry and the fee, l will forward further details including confirmation of entry, rules, code of conduct, player registration forms and a map. No entry will be confirmed and guaranteed until receipt of entry fee.
Yours in sport,
Shaun Halpin -
The Stevie Packer Football Festival 2018 Photo's
Age Groups - Under 6's
Age Groups - Under 7's
Age Groups - Under 8's
Age Groups - Under 9's
Age Groups - Under 10's
Photo's are courtesy of DE PHOTO click on their logo for more information abot their services